BEATRICE, A BLACK NOSED VALAISE FLEECE

 I received my second fleece a Black Nosed Valais now named Beatrice, about the end of September. Her locks were not easy to differentiate so I decided to wash her as she was, less some vegetable matter although mainly hay which was easy to see. She has a lovely sheen and very white with very long staple length 6/7 inches. When I started to card her there were a lot of second cuts which I need to remove the little curly bits. Rolags were made and I spun them. I am very new to spinning, this was my first try on a wheel but Beatrice was much easier to spin than Annabel a Blue Faced Leicester I am also processing.














I washed as I did with the first fleece but did not select locks and box separately which speeded up the process taking half the time I spent on the first fleece.

Comments

Popular Posts