JACOB FLEECE


750 grams of Jacob fleece. I separated the colours as best I could 



I started to prepare the white first.


It was easy to prepare using a handful and hand carders then rolags.

It was easy enough to spin but very coarse feel.




 I think you can tell from this photo it is rather coarse.


Rolags prepared 


The three colours spun.


Hanging to dry with six extra skeins behind which are Black Nosed Valais dyed with onion skins.





The white Jacob has been stained 3 green one blue and one red.




This collection is off to my daughter after lockdown my granddaughter will be weaving a small hall rug so it needed to be harder wearing and not white. The Jacob is as coarse as the Black Nosed Valais but I am told Jacob can vary tremendously and be soft enough to wear, certainly not this one.
The idea is to use the natural colours plus others added to represent a winter moorland with threads of blue and red running through to represent heather. 
This was inspired by the natural colour of Jacob and the warp which is called  Moorland Day an Axminster warp wool. https://airedaleyarns.co.uk/index.php/yarns-made-from/wool-yarns/axminster-rug-wool-browns.html

And here the finished rug produced mainly by my Daughter with a little help from Granddaughter 




Comments

Popular Posts