SHETLAND FLEECE REVISITED


I decided to knit a bobble hat using Shetland wool I had spun. It is a bit thick and thin for knitting but I am told it has character. I knitted about Aran weight and used the slightly thinner yarn 60stitches 5.5 and 6.5 mm needles ( because I had those sizes and smaller was too thin)



 I decided to weave this scarf using the darker wool. 30cms x 150cms


It was about a year ago that I started on this Shetland fleece https://orangecottagescrafts.blogspot.com/2020/11/cecily-shetland-fleece.html

I don't yet enjoy spinning from the lock and tended to spin thinner, maybe I hang onto it too much so I finished off by removing the rise and flicking out each end before laying across a hand carder and passing once before making a rolag.


I like the softness of Shetland and will use it again but I realise how Fudge the Black Leicester longwool compared very favourably for softness.

Comments

Popular Posts