DOLLS' CLOTHES

 


Something I wanted to do for my two girls but never did was make dolls clothes for them. In those days without the internet, finding patterns was not easy. I always loved the doll clothes my Grandma Lilly knitted for me. 

The above dolly was bought for my Granddaughter by her mum so this was part of her outfit.


These are three outfits made from left over yarn for my other granddaughter.


These are smocks made out of scraps but considering I do dressmaking they weren't very good but no doubt will do the job.


These much loved dolls have never had clothes so I am sure this granddaughter will enjoy her collection of clothes for them.

The pattern I used for the knitting was Sifio's Patterns


Although I have knitted for about 50 years I had not realised quite how much the needle sizes changed the garment size outcome ( using same double knit), so with a bit of trial and error I managed to adjust the clothes to hopefully fit all four dolls which ranged in size.



This was me aged about eleven, obviously a bit old to play with dolls, as my Aunty pointed out, but very proud of having made this doll dress without any help other than a pattern. By the time I was seventeen I was making my own dresses and a lovely cape which I proudly wore on Friday night pub crawls.




Comments

Popular Posts