INSPIRATION - weaving thick chunky rugs.


This beautiful rug was made by:-

Celebrating Smallholding and Relaxed Rugs & Fibre, thank you for permission to repost this photo.

https://www.facebook.com/RelaxedRugsAndFibre


Photos and videos are shared on their Facebook page with advice of how they produce these wonderful rugs.

I have been following and sharing some on my Facebook page for a few weeks, all very much admired by several of my friends.

I was intrigued to see on video how the wool was spun using a Jumbo E spinner 25mm orifice but at £750 way out of my price league. However I have wanted a jumbo flyer for my Ashford spinning wheel for the two years since buying my spinning wheel. I often spin aran weight which is a struggle on the normal size bobbins with only 1cm orifice. 

After yesterdays good news re my cancer see my Lyme blog. I decided I deserved a treat and ordered myself the Jumbo flyer for my Ashford Traditional spinning wheel. This has a 19 mm orifice. Two singles plyed should get me a good chunky or even super chunky yarn.

Lots more products here:-   

I have two Black Leicester Longwool fleece and Two white Leicester Longwool fleece on order from 


I have also been posting other rugs from Pocket House Studio:-




Thank you Pocket House studio for permission to post their photo below.





I am excited to start this project very soon. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts