FROM SCRATCHY SCARF TO USEFUL BAG.


This small bag is a present for one Granddaughter who will be three in the new year.



One of my early weaves on my large 120cms loom, from home spun Leicester longwool from Fudge 

https://orangecottagescrafts.blogspot.com/2021/10/a-black-leicester-longwool-blanket-from.html



I had selected different colours from Fudge to make a blanket for one grandson 

https://orangecottagescrafts.blogspot.com/2021/07/woven-rugthrow-from-home-spun-leicester.html

I had decided to select the very light grey to weave a scarf but found it rather scratchy. I was advised that once fulled it may soften but I decided to split in half to make a couple of bags. It was much softer once fulled. 

The few black Leicester long wool I have processed appear to be softer with the darker colours than the lighter colours.



 The bag above, I made for my other Granddaughter who was 3 in December it was made from the same yarn used in her brothers blanket based on planets, link above.

Comments

Popular Posts